The Top 3 PCT Supplements (That Actually Work)
When people do anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS) - usually some form of testosterone - their natural production gets suppressed (since male hormones are synthesized in a negative feedback-loop).
On top of that, there's some evidence that prolonged suppression of the hypothalamic-pituiary-testicles-axis (HPTA), leads to long-term damage of the testicular leydig cells (the cells responsible for the actual testosterone synthesis).
To combat this when the cycle ends, many enroll into PCT (post cycle therapy), which includes natural or synthetic compounds that would "jump-start" or bounce back the natural production of testosterone, while also suppressing esrtogen production (estrogen dominance being another problem related to ending a cycle of exogenous hormones).
Now, while the synthetic PCT drugs are effective (HCG, Clomid, Arimidex, Letrozol, etc.) they also possess additional side effects and can even further throw your hormones out of place if you're not sure what you're doing.
To aid the natural recovery, there are some natural compounds that fit well into a PCT regime, how you may use them is up to you (alongside the synthetic stuff, or go completely natural to prevent further side effects).
NOTE: AnabolicMen.com does NOT recommend any of its readers to use anabolic steroids or for that matter even HRT (unless you actually have ruptured testicles or you've been castrated). But if you're reading this article, changes are that you already did and are now looking for way to bounce the natural production back up, that's why this article is written, to help.
Use these as you want, here are the top three natural PCT compounds;
Choline is a natural water-soluble vitamin that is often grouped in the vitamin B complex due to their similarity.
It's pretty hard to get enough from foods unless you eat a lot of egg yolks and liver. For PCT purposes, you'd want to get around 1-3 grams of choline bitartrate per day.
So why choline post-cycle?
Choline is among the top compounds that naturally improves liver health (by disposing fat from it)...
...And it simultaneously lowers estrogen (by donating methyl rings to structurally incomplete estrogen molecules, making it easier for the body to remove them).
Since steroid use can be pretty hard on the liver, and it almost always comes with a side-effect of estrogen dominance after the HPTA has been suppressed, choline fits the bill perfectly as a natural PCT supplement.
#2. Mucuna Pruriens
Mucuna Pruriens is a herb commonly used in the Indian Herbal Medicine; Ayurveda.
Although herbal medicine is often ridiculed as non-scientific (and to be honest, sometimes the jokes are well deserved) there are still some herbs with legit use and actual scientific evidence.
Mucuna pruriens is one of those.
It's powerful antioxidant and contains high amounts of this compound called L-Dopa, which converts quickly after ingestion into the neurotransmitter dopamine inside the body.
So far science has shown that Mucuna might be the most important supplement for men who have suppressed testosterone and sperm production, and as such it fits perfectly to be a PCT supplement.
Here's some findings (sources and more detailed explanations here):
- Mucuna has been shown to increase testosterone levels by up to 38% in multiple human studies.
- Mucuna has been shown to dramatically improve all sperm health parameters in men with suppressed sperm production.
- Mucuna has been shown to increase LH and FSH pulsatile release from the brain (which is suppressed after steroid cycle).
- Mucuna has been shown to act as a coactivator protein to the androgen receptors, which makes it easier for the body to utilize male hormones.
...But we believe it's currently the best natural PCT supplement you can get your hands on (stack it with choline and mucuna for perfection).
Testro-X is a carefully selected recipe for maximizing the natural production of testosterone. All the ingredients and dosages were chosen accordingly from actual peer-reviewed research on humans.
- The minerals; Zinc, Boron, and Magnesium
- Forskolin Extract and KSM-66 Ashwagandha
- "LH-surge blend" (glycine, theanine, inositol)
- And Bioperine to improve the absorption of the above.
We have written a detailed description of the reasons why we decided to include the compounds above, and how they work to stimulate natural testosterone production in this article.
Latest posts by Ali Kuoppala (see all)
- Noopept: Review on Benefits, Research, Dosage, and Side Effects of this Awesome Russian Smart Drug - 19/01/2017
- Aniracetam: Review on Benefits, Research, Dosage, and Side Effects of the Second Ever Racetam Nootropic - 19/01/2017
- Oxiracetam: Review on Dosage, Benefits, Research, and Side Effects of the Third Synthesized Racetam Smart Drug - 19/01/2017