Hydration and Testosterone: Drinking Enough Water Can Impact Hormones
We who live in developed countries tend to take water as granted, and we don’t often stop to think how vitally important it is to nearly all bodily processes. To say it lightly, all of our cellular functions depend on the substance.
Drinking more water – and making sure that you’re always well-hydrated – has a key role in helping the body to burn calories more efficiently, while it helps to utilize fatty-acids more effectively, water also improves cognitive abilities, increases aerobic training efficiency (duh), and even improves your mood.
People often think that they’re drinking enough fluids, but the truth is that most don’t. When the feeling of ‘thirst’ first hits you, your body is already in the state of mild dehydration. Not only that, but chronic mild dehydration is even more common among people who exercise. Men are also much more likely to dehydrate during exercise than women.
Why am I writing about hydration on a natural testosterone optimization website? Well, because your hydration status has a significant effect on your hormones too:
Water, Testosterone, Cortisol…
You could spend $40 buying a flashy bottle of ‘latest formulation’ tribulus terrestris in beliefs that it will raise your testosterone levels, making your workouts more anabolic…
…Or you could save the $40 and drink some water instead. And that’s because water – unlike tribulus – actually has some modest anabolic effects. 😉
In fact, before you even consider fiddling around with ANY supplements whatsoever, you should be making sure that you’re drinking enough of water.
Here’s a simple and cheap long-term solution for you to get the most out of your exercise sessions with nothing less than W-A-T-E-R…
- Get yourself a plastic-free bottle, I use two of these myself (affiliate link). Why not plastic? Because soft plastics leak xenoestrogens to the water.
- Preferably also get some sort of tap-water filtration system (affiliate link), to filter out chlorine and fluoride from the godly liquid that is, water.
- Go exercise and remember to drink a lot. When someone asks what’s in your fancy metal bottle, tell them it’s your secret anabolic liquid.
- Enjoy your slightly increased anabolism, and watch with pride as your fellow gym rats try to figure out what kind of anabolic fusion matrix is hidden in your gym bottle.
Latest posts by Ali Kuoppala (see all)
- Reishi and Testosterone: The Potent Antiandrogenic Effects of Ganoderma Lucidum Mushroom - 22/02/2017
- Cordyceps and Testosterone: is the Killer Fungi Really a Natural Sports Performance Enhancer and T-Booster? - 21/02/2017
- Moringa and Testosterone: The Effects of this so Called Superfood on Male Hormonal Health - 19/02/2017